Sunday, February 04, 2007

Nothing happening of any import

Sorry I didn't make it back here yesterday. I really had nothing to say. I slept in till almost noon and spent the afternoon blogging politics. Not a hobby I recommend. After reading about politicians for too many hours, you really just want to sleep and hope they're gone in the morning. Of course they never are and the morning comes all too soon.

Needless to say, it was hard to fall asleep last night because I got up so late. It's seems unlikely that will a problem tonight as I was up before dawn again and it's likely to be a long day on only five hours of sleep. It's going to be a long month for me. My work schedule is just brutal and I won't have as much time off as usual. Man, I'm getting too old to keep these kind of hours.

And it's bloody cold. The weather forecast did not cheer me up. It's going to be very winterlike for at least the next week. It's a funny thing. You would think coming from the north that the relatively milder winter wouldn't be so bad but I seem to have lost my cold tolerance altogether which seems to be a common occurrence among transplants here. I was talking to a woman who moved here recently from Nova Scotia and she has the same problem. We were both bundled up while some of the locals walk around in shorts and sandals.

But I should stop whining. I'm still warmer than I used to be in the winter and the light is better here. We get about an hour more at the end of the day so it's not dark until 6:00ish and my energy levels are definitely improving with the increased light. Hope you all have a good day and I'll be back when I get back. I'm sure how the day is going to shake out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home