Saturday, January 27, 2007

Oh no - What do I do now?

I don't know if I mentioned this here already but I've accepted yet another co-blogging gig at Michael J.W. Stickings excellent blog, The Reaction. Right wing readers shouldn't bother to click the link. It will only piss you off. But if you lean towards the left, check it out. You'll love it. It's a fabulous team of some of the best polibloggers in Leftopia and I'm thrilled and honored to join them. But here's the problem.

Michael just switched the blog over to the new version of Blogger. I've been afraid to switch myself. I think they've worked the bugs out enough that The Impolitic will be okay but Last One Speaks is so old that that they don't even offer this template anymore and I'm afraid it's really going to screw it up if I switch over, especially with the Haloscan comments.

Not that the template is that great, it's needed major work for as long as I've had it, but I'm used to it. It's like a comfortable pair of shoes or your favorite jeans that are perfectly broken in. I've got four years of work that I've never backed up and I would really hate to lose it. And I'm so technodumb, I don't even how to back it up. I have a feeling I'd have to open every post and save it to a disk or something odious like that. I have almost 3,000 posts on this blog. I think that would take a long time.

It appears I have an option to just get a new invitation to The Reaction and I won't be forced to switch over but then I have to open a new Google account just for that. One more username and password to remember. I hate that too.

So what do I do? Do I take a chance and just switch? Do I try to do a backup first, assuming I can? Or do I just go watch some dumb TV and forget about it until the morning when I'm fresh and ready for a challenge? Frankly, I'm leaning towards option number three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home