Thursday, February 01, 2007

Now I lay me down to sleep...

I haven't had any appreciable sleep in three days and I'm back on the work rotation with another insanely early call tomorrow so I'm packing it in for the night but here's the highlights of my day.

It sort of snowed this afternoon. It wasn't enough to even make a midget, snow midget and the rain was cold so I didn't bother to go out and take a picture. I did manage to get out of the house and out of town yesterday though. John and I finally managed to connect after not seeing each other for weeks and he took me out for a fabulous lunch at an Indian restaurant in the big city. Strange location but good food. Why is it that the best Indian restaurants are always in really weird half dead shopping centers?

Meanwhile, my stove went crazy again a couple of days ago and started beeping. It was getting pretty bad and I thought that this time for sure I would have to try to unplug the sucker to get some sleep but I think I managed to break the beeper, or at least get it stuck somehow. I really punched -- and I do mean punched -- in a whole big combo of buttons the last time and I thought I heard a short of buzzing death rattle. When I came home from shopping, it was flashing the code but it wasn't making any noise.

I decided to leave well enough alone, and didn't turn the clock back on. Now instead of a clock, I have this little code flashing on the display. F 1. E 2. F 1. E 2 on into infinitum. I don't care as long as it's silent. I figure I'm good until the next power outage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home