Friday, February 09, 2007

Lazy day

As predicted, I barely moved but it was not a restful day. There was a big Friday news dump so I did a lot of reading and a lot of poliblogging but there are still a half dozen stories I don't have the time or the energy to blog about that I hate to see fall through the cracks. That's the trouble with the news today. There's too damn much of it. And I haven't answered my comments yet. Politic punditry is not a relaxing hobby. There are days I wish I had taken up knitting instead.

Meanwhile, it was cold outside. I didn't even make it to the mailbox today but I did get the recycling out and stood around watching the birds for a while. There was a new call in the usual cacophony and I was trying to get a look at him but he was deep in the holly tree and didn't come into view. It was a really loud call that sounded like a squeaky swing set, the old fashioned metal kind I had as a kid.

I've heard it before up north, but never so close. It was so loud, it sounded like he should have been sitting on the ledge right next to me. I've been wondering all day what sort of bird he might be.

[graphic gratitude]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home