Sunday, December 24, 2006

A green Christmas

Well we're in no danger of having a white Christmas here in the northern south. Yesterday I had the doors open in the afternoon and today was little chillier but I went out in just a fleece to do the last of the shopping. I ran down to the high class grocery store and bought my Christmas feast. It's amazing how little you get for fifty bucks when you're buying insanely expensive treats. But I got enough rich food to put myself into immediate cardiac arrest if I ate it all at once.

I'll be spending most of the day alone and I know I'm not going to want to cook much so I got exotic cheese, and big fat fresh olives and fancy bread and crackers. I figure I'll cook the brussels sprouts and the big potato which I plan to drown in butter, sour cream and fresh chives.

I opted out of the porto, even thought they had my favorite brand and settled on a nut brown ale from a local microbrewery that I've never tried. It was almost as expensive as the good port. They charge ridiculously expensive prices for beer in this state. Bud is cheap and Miller is practically free but everything else is outrageous, even run of the mill beers like Pete's and Saranac. Interestingly, the most overpriced are the Mexican beers. Modelo is more expensive than much better beers. Weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home