Monday, June 26, 2006

Say it Ain't So....

That sense of dread lodged so deep in my gut last night and all through today is now sadly explained. Acidman is gone. Irrevocably and unretrievably resting, one hopes, in peace. For a lot of reasons, I didn't find out until 5:30 today and haven't been able to deal with this until now, so I'm going to update with a eulogy a little later, after I sort through my emotions.

For now, I'll just note his daughter posted this.
This is Sam. Rob has passed away. They found him at 2:00 this morning slumped over on the couch. He did not shoot himself and no pills or alcohol were found in the house. When I find out anything else I'll let you know. Out of respect for my family please do not leave nasty comments.
Almost sad that she needed the qualifier but that was the nature of Rob's readership and his writing. You either loved or hated him, sometimes both at the same time, but you always felt something. And you wanted him to know it.

That's all I can really say for now. I need to absorb this for a moment and maybe cry a little while for a man that I have never met....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home