Friday, June 23, 2006

Diagnosis, real problem

It's tough being a hypochrondriac who responds to medications way outside the normal curve. For one thing you never really believe anything is really wrong with you yourself so you put off going to the doctor so you don't look stupid and then when you do get scared enough to go in, your symptoms don't fall into the pattern so everyone treats you like a panic case anyway.

I had to fight to get the doctor to see me a week early to take blood yesterday, meaning I brought the big gun, my daughter is who is not easily put off. I understand the doc's point, my regular doc is away, the one that's covering is about to leave on vacation and like I said my symptomology is way outside the norm.

So in a way, it's a good thing that there's something actually wrong with me. For one thing I'm glad it wasn't just an insurmontable panic attack and it will give me some credibility the next time I feel yucky. And apparently this can be easily treated without actually being admitted into the hospital which would really screw up my finances since I have something like a $2,500 deductible.

Of course I don't really understand what's wrong with me. Volume depletion which has something to do with sodium count that was a result of the new med. Best for me not to know too much anyway. It only feeds the hypochondria in the future. I'm lucky I've got such a smart daughter that takes care of the knowing part for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home