Thursday, March 02, 2006

Post 2222: The Long Rider

I love double numbers. Howard Wooldridge checks in with another amusing little anecdote from the CPAC conference.
In debates on drug prohibition, I stated I was a conservative opposing current policy because I believe in liberty, privacy rights and personal responsibility. Most shot back that I was not a conservative rather a libertarian. So I asked them what they believed in, since it was NOT liberty, privacy rights and personal responsibility. So, what do conservatives believe in, since it is not liberty, privacy rights and personal responsibility. That caused them to stumble and bumble over their beliefs. It was fun and sad.
I'll bet no one has ever asked them that so directly before. In a way Howard reminds me of The Lone Ranger. He's certainly living the Lone Ranger Creed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home