Thursday, January 05, 2006



Are you ready -- to Wiggle?

Another 12 hour day. I'm so tired I can't see straight so if you want the drug war news tonight go on over and see Pete at Drug WarRant for all the news fit to peruse. Me, I have poor Greg Wiggles on my mind tonight. He suffered a double hernia while on tour in the US and is recuperating at home in Australia. Acoustic Dad has the details.

I'm a big fan of the Wiggles. I just discovered them a couple of years ago and while I often forget their names -- you tend to them to think of them as colors -- I know the words to most of their songs. They have a brilliant kids show on the Disney station and they're great musical perfomers. It's kind of like watching a mini off Broadway show. They're wholesome; one has no qualms about allowing a two year old to watch them, but they're also really hip. Very retro 60s. I have a huge crush on Captain Feathersword myself. He's really cute and he's a good pirate with a really cool pirate ship.

Their routines are really athletic. If you watch the show, you'll understand why Greg suffered the injury. And if you think it looks easy, get up and try to mimic the moves when they do a music skit and then imagine trying to keep up that pace for an hour. They should tap into the adult fitness market and do an exercise video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home