Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Didn't want to have to do it

I just got off the phone with Jamie and it was awful to tell him about Ron but I suppose it was best that the news came from me. We were a weird little quasi-family, the three of us, in our day. Ronny was kind of surrogate father to Jamie and I always thought of Ron as a sort of eccentric uncle.

Anyway, although we had drifted apart in the last few, we were very close for many years. It's funny, as I've aged I've had to deal with the death of friends before but this death hurts so much more sharply. I'm so glad I saw him when I was in Noho this summer. I'm sorry now that I didn't spend more time. Oddly, I was just thinking last week that I should try to spend a couple of evenings with him on the next trip. I can hardly comprehend that it's no longer an option.

You never know when you're going to run out of time, do you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home