Monday, October 03, 2005

Reams of knowledge

Tim Meehan comes to my mathematical rescue on this question.
Stacked VERTICALLY? As in end to end? That would be much less impressive. Assuming standard "letter" (8 1/2" x 11"): Height of Emipre State Building: 1250' or 15000" 15000 / 11 * 15 = about 20454 sheets of paper. I suspect this is simply a printout of the Cannabis Culture forums from 2001.
The vertical qualifier was missing in the original source I had, but he's right. It's not so impressive that way. It's only about 41 reams of paper. I'd note however, that JackL made a couple of pertinent comments on that post about the absurdity of seizing the computer in the first place, that I missed at the time. Go back and check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home