Friday, March 05, 2004

doonesbury
Kicking Butts

Yesterday was horrible, so much so I went to bed at 9:30 to avoid the screaming in my brain. Even as the physical cravings diminish, the psychological need increases my discomfort and sense of loss. I still reach for the now missing pack of smokes every time I sit down here and I couldn't even stay long enough to read my email last night. It would have been too easy to run next door and buy 'one last pack'.

It's been much easier at work for some reason than I ever expected, even though the stress level has not lessened, but I worry about my resolve this weekend when I usually spend long hours in front of the screen. Ironically I didn't so much smoke as I lit them, however sitting here without that cigarette burning next to me feels simply wrong somehow. It will be my greatest challenge in this battle I think.

Nonetheless, I'm determined to win this time and so far cigarettes are still losing.

Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home