Tuesday, January 06, 2004

CLOSE TO HOME

All I can say about this afternoon is that by some miracle, I was still standing when it was over. On the up side however, I found out the district court clerks in the new Hadley courthouse are really nice. I dealt with them for the first time today, but I'm certain it won't be the last now that the new districts have been approved.

* * * * *

My friend Ron Sarazin is safely back from London. His favorite experience was on the ferris wheel they call The Eye and he caught Mama Mia and Jerry Springer at the theatre while he was there. Surprisingly he panned the first and liked the second.

I was wondering if his flight would be delayed. Fortunately they were booked on United, on the only flight that wasn't cancelled. (I would find it interesting that United is a US corp when he tells me all the British Air flights were grounded but I'm trying not to become a conspiracy theorist. )

His traveling companion was nervous about getting out of England but Ron in his inimitable droll manner said, "I told her, Diane - either we get on the plane or we find a new hotel."

Ron and I are the most unlikely of friends, but it's that attitude that has kept us close in spite of our incomprehensibly vast political differences. It's exactly what I would have said under the circumstances.

* * * * *

I had a really bad hair day and I never even put on a hat although I could have used one. Of course for the three days I never opened my door, I had the most perfect hair of the millennium. It always has had a mind of its own and it was not happy I took it out into the freezing cold today. As if it was my idea to go out into that skating rink. I'm beginning to understand the concept of what they call around here, snowbirds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home