Monday, March 05, 2012

There's no place like home

Sadly, the good elves didn't come and stock my refrigerator with fresh food while I was gone. On the bright side, there's no mold or melted stuff in there. But everything is expired. Praise be to canned soup. I was too tired to get take out.

Not so nice to come home to the new driver's license. Good Lord, but I am so unphotogenic. Winter hair is not my best look. But on the bright side, it's not quite so bad as the last one, so there's that...

Last leg of this route is always the toughest. What should have been a easy 4 1/2 hour pleasure trip turned into a 5 1/2 hour nightmare. You wouldn't think there would be so many bad drivers on a Sunday. And the last two highways were shut down with accidents.

First one was the worst. They routed us off the highway entirely and I had no idea where I was. Six cop cars, not one giving directions or information on how far up it was closed. GPS is no help. She wants to get me back on the same exit. Had to guess at the direction until she figured out I needed an alternate route. Second not so bad. I knew where I was, so I ditched before the jam and took the slow road home for the last ten miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home