Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crying with pride and joy


I forgot to watch The Voice last night but thanks to the wonders of the internets, I could watch a woman I've literally known since she was a baby win a spot on Blake's team on the computer. She even had two choices, and she turned down Cee Lo. Which I think was wise. I didn't like the way he was looking at her. Blake was much more sincere about admiring her talent more than her beauty.

Can't embed it, but click here to watch Naia Kete nail that performance. Of course, music in her genes. That's her mom in the video at the end, an old friend of mine from the Happy Valley, who's also a tremendous musician and pretty sure the tall guy with the dreads is her baby brother, also a talented performer.

I haven't seen any of them in well over ten years but still feel as proud of Kete as if she was my own family. I was so happy for her, I really did cry watching the vid.

Meanwhile, I haven't had a real vacation in at least five years and I found an affordable beach I like. So I spent three hours walking on the sand to collect a handful of shells. My hair is all fluffy from the salt air. Going to spend a few days here before the hotel rates go up. Feeling tired, but happy and peaceful. [photo viawith bonus video]

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM , Blogger Umā said...

Naia Kete performed at my friend Kiran's fund raiser about a month ago and KNOCKED MY SOCKS OFF! She is amazing and we were just reading about her appearance on The Voice in the Gazette this week. Thank you for the link!

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

You're welcome Uma. She is really is terrific, isn't she?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home