Friday, February 24, 2012

RIP Dr. Warmflash

Sad to see my childhood dentist died. Long time friends will remember how much I loved Dr. Tom, my dentist in lovely downtown Noho, but that's nothing compared to how much I loved Dr. Warmflash as a kid. I actually looked forward to going in to see him.

Not that I ever loved getting fillings, but he was so gentle and soothing. And as I recall they used the laughing gas for us really young ones while you being drilled so that helped. You got to pick a little prize from the treasure box at the end of the visit and I loved the Highlights magazine for kids in the waiting room.

Looking at the comment page attached to the obituary, I see I'm not the only one with fond memories of the good dentist. He had a loyal patient base that reached across several generations. A lot of people who saw as kids in the 50s. I even recognized one of the names.

Great loss to the profession. Aren't that many really great dentists in the world. Rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home