Saturday, December 17, 2011

Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Just not in the spirit this year for any major celebration, but I do love me some Christmas lights. John and I took a ride the other night through the upscale neighborhood to view the decorations. Some nice displays. All very elegant. But I'll always like the overblown tacky stuff in the poor hoods the best. Here's one I wish I could see in person:


This is a display in Shah Alam outside Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. And there's more photos from around the world here.

3 Comments:

At 5:52 PM , Blogger rockync said...

Great displays all but I'm with you, give me a gaudy, colorful lighting overdose that makes me dizzy and gives me a headache if I look too long! :)

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Tackier and more garish the better in my book. But tasteful displays are good too. John and I were talking about Tanglewood. I'd put that in the tasteful category, but WOW. Still great.

 
At 11:49 PM , Blogger rockync said...

We took the kids this year and they have added more stuff so you should go. It's nice to forget and just get lost in the light show for a while.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home