Friday, October 08, 2010

Good News, Bad News

I've been slacking here again. Between the job and my annual bout of SAD kicking in with the failing light, I've been too exhausted to deal with the internets. Barely been posting anywhere. But the good news is I got a great bargain the other day at work. They do have the best clearance sales there.

I've been trying to not spend money on anything not essential but couldn't resist the final clearance. With the employee discount I snagged two more shirts and a pair of blue jeans for just over five bucks total. Really needed the new jeans. They're a bit ugly but they are straight leg and they'll fit perfectly once they go through the wash and dryer and finding a great bargain makes me happy. So there's that.

The bad news is really, really bad though. Just found out a couple of days ago that yet another dear friend has been diagnosed with Stage IV cancer. Trying to stay positive about it. They have her starting chemo next week so I have to believe they might be able to put her into remission, but I have to admit I'm kind of a wreck over it. I'm getting pretty old, but thinking I'm still much too young to be losing so many friends who are younger than me. Still, trying to be brave and visualizing her being with us for many more years than expected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home