Sunday, September 12, 2010

Practically slave labor

So I checked the NC labor laws yesterday. Incredibly, I discovered that the the law in this state does NOT require ANY breaks whatsoever, for any worker over the age of 16. And even for 16 year olds, they're not required to give a break if they work under five hours. Apparently, it's totally up to the employer.

That being said, I unexpectedly got a break yesterday even though I was just short of the five hours usually required at the big box. I think the supervisor either miscalculated my shift or felt bad about hollering at me for coming to the desk for change while she was busy. Anyway, 15 minutes isn't much but it really helps get me through to the end of the shift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home