Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cold play

Had a great family dinner for my Dad's birthday yesterday.  My sister took us all out to his favorite restaurant. I swear I'm still in a food coma. Probably won't have to eat again for days. And it's cold outside again. I'm back in the winter jacket but the flowers seem to be holding up okay.  A couple more pix from my walk in the warm weather last weekend.  The daffodils all busted out. I love the two color ones the best.


And I love this sidewalk arrangement downtown. Not a very good shot, but the tall pink tree looks like the same winter camelias that are in all the yards around here. Flowers don't last so long when they're potted though. They had all almost fallen off when I walked by a few days later.

A lot more flowering trees busting into bloom in the yards as well.  We have magnolias already in some of the sunnier spots. No pix of those yet.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM , Blogger rockync said...

That really is such a funky little downtown. I really must take a (warm) day off and come down there so we can go exploring - soon, I promise!

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Libby Spencer said...

You better hurry before the whole town shuts down. Swear, new closings every week since I got here. Turning into a ghost town, but still very pretty to walk in.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home