Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sweaty Sunday

In retrospect, it probably wasn't the best idea to go for recreational walk in 91 degree weather. It didn't seem that hot and it was cloudy when I started out. Of course the sun broke through just when I made the commitment to take the big loop through the cemetary.

It's a very strange place. This is the older section. They don't seem to decorate on this side much. But if you embiggen the photo, you can see the Confederate flag in the lower right hand corner. The cemetary is the only place I've really seen that flag around here. There was about a dozen or so on the loop I took.


The newer sections are more crowded together, and much more colorful. I believe the flowers are all fake. This was near the end of the walk. At this point I was wondering if I was going to pass out from heat stroke.


I was tempted to sit on that bench and rest for a while, but I'm not sure of the etiquette since it's apparently also a gravestone. Would have been embarrassing if the family showed up to find me sitting on their loved one's grave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home