Saturday, February 07, 2009

Unexpected Company

I made all that pea soup with the idea that I would have Karen over for dinner a couple of weeks ago, but I temporarily lost her phone number and then I fell back into a funk. I was finally feeling better today and was thinking this morning that I should check in with her and set up a date.

It was beautiful here this afternoon. Almost seventy degrees in the sun. I decided to do a load of laundry and take a walk around the McCompoud while I was waiting for the wash to be done. I was just behind the building next door when I got a call. Karen was in town and dropped by.

It worked out perfectly. We had a late lunch of pea soup and biscuits. I got in my walk and I have clean laundry. Karen left with a promise she was going to make me go out one of these nights. It was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home