Sunday, September 14, 2008

Old friends

I've been feeling pretty lonely lately and missing my old friends a lot. I haven't seen anyone from Noho in about three years now, so I was happy to find these photos on line. This is one of my dearest friends in the world, my former next door neighbor Jamie.

He looks so different. He's gained a lot of weight and he's lost a lot of hair. But he still seems to project that same old spark. His love for life and his sense of fun always showed on his face.

And standing behind the bar that Jamie now co-owns with his new partner Carol, is one of my other dearest and cherished friends, Mark Herschler. That's him in the middle.



He's also lost some hair but still projects the same joyous energy too. They're kind of frozen in time in my memory so it seems odd to see them aging. Then again, when I look in the mirror, I look different to myself too. It's weird to get old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home