Sunday, September 07, 2008

I loves me some Catfish

Well, it's been a busy week. Jobhunting is a lot harder than working a job and not as rewarding when you don't get one. I find it totally bizarre. I've never had such a hard time getting work. I could always as least get a crappy job until something better came along. There's something particularly depressing about not being to land even one of those. But Catfish called me up this week and cheered me up. Of all the things I like about blogging, I really love that you make friends with such great people on the internets.

Meanwhile, we had a hurricane here but it just missed me. I guess it poured buckets while I was sleeping. My deck was soaked all the way to the wall, which almost never happens but I missed it. I hear it was loud and a lot a people had flooded yards in the morning, but by the time I got up it was over. The worst missed us in any event. We just hit by the trailing edge before it turned northeast again. The sun broke out in the afternoon and it's a tropical heat wave around here now.

I'm trying to decide whether to run down to the big town and catch the outdoor Jazz brunch. I hear the band is great today but I feel guilty when I'm not reading want ads and sending out resumes. Still, it would be probably be good to get out for a couple of hours and talk to real life people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home