Saturday, September 13, 2008

Migration

The best investment I made this summer was the five bucks I spent on hummingbird food. I just read the little buggers have started their annual trek from the north and it must be true because I seem to have more birds this week. I've counted six so far. I might have more. It's hard to tell since they're tiny and sort of look alike. The lighting is weird on the deck so it's hard to get a look at their markings but their personalities are all a little different.

Anyway, they've been amusing and a great comfort while I've been so stressed out here about being unemployed. It's clear I'll have to drop my health insurance to hang on for another month of rent. I've lost count of how many jobs I've applied for and I still don't even have a hot prospect. All my life I've suffered from bad timing and it seems the universe couldn't have picked a worse time to leave me without a job. At least some things never change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home