Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tough week

I can't believe I haven't posted here in so long again. It's been a crazy week. You will either be impressed or appalled to learn that I posting at Air America's blog this week. Newshoggers is guestblogging, which means they're posting our RSS feed on their website, so I've been doing most of my posting there, for what good it does. As usual my timing sucks. I'm just sick to death of this presidential race already. I can't believe people are so damned excited over it. As if it matters in the end which politician is going to screw us. Not to mention, the doctor thing has really got me down so the quality of my writing is off.

I saw the surgeon on Tuesday. That was three hours of fun I'll tell you. Especially the thin needle aspiration. The doctor who does it came in, very sweet young woman, and the first thing she tells me is that she doesn't use pain meds to do the procedure. She then tells me, Ms. Professional Hypochodriac all the bad things that could happen. Needless to say, I wasn't feeling all that great about having a needle stuck into my face.

It really is thin needle though, and it didn't hurt so much going in, so I'm thinking at the outset, hey this isn't so bad after all. I figured she was just going to suck some tissue out and it would be over. But no. She starts the wiggling the sucker around and it goes on some length and the pain builds. It was only for maybe 20 seconds or so but it really hurt. Still I made it through without screaming, which wasn't allowed anyway.

Oh I almost forgot the funniest part of the story. So the procedure is over and I'm thinking what a brave soldier I am. I only whimpered once when I suddenly got so lightheaded that I thought I might pass out which I casually mention to the doctor. "Oh, thanks for telling me," she said and then the place goes into panic mode.

She made me lie down. She called the nurse to sit with me. The nurse put cold compresses on my forehead. She insisted on getting me something to drink. They were fussing over me long after the dizziness passed. I felt like an idiot. But I was glad they didn't have take a second sample. I don't think I could have done it twice.

The good news is I don't have cancer. The bad news is I do have a Plecmorphic Adenoma of the Left Partoid. That's a fancy name for a benign tumor in the partoid gland. I'm going to have it get it surgically removed and apparently there's a good chance I'll end up with some facial paralysis because the nerves run through that gland. Needless to say, I'm not thrilled about it. In fact it rather sucks and I'm still dealing with the idea. I haven't been able to bring myself to schedule the surgery but I'm going have to buck up and do it tomorrow. I can't leave it there apparently because then it could get cancerous.

Anyway, I haven't posted because it's all too distressing but I'll try to get some photos tomorrow so this blog doesn't become depressing news central. The chestnut tree near the dumpster is in full bloom. It's really beautiful.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home