Monday, April 28, 2008

Strange days

I've had a rough week. Emotionally, not physically. I've been off but I got nothing of consequence done since I scheduled the surgery. I can't believe how freaked out I am about it. I like to think of myself as a brave person. Hell, I've jumped off cliffs and out of airplanes but this thing has got me scared into a coma. I just want to go to sleep and wake up when it's over and find out everything is really going to be alright. It's weird to feel so scared. I'm not very good at it.

On a cheerier note, although it's nasty and raining today, the weather was great here. I had the windows open day and night for three days running. I had to turn the fan on one afternoon because it got so warm. I like that. And since the snobby girl moved out, the parking situation here has improved tremendously. I think her last boyfriend had four cars and he left them in the close spots for days at a time. It's a drag to have park way down the row when you come home with groceries. That hasn't happened since they left and it's quiet again. Well except for the kids, but I like that.

I lost my little group of teenagers a long time ago but there's some new younger kids around. I have a bunch of new neighbors all of sudden too. Half the apartments on my floor rolled over but I never saw most of them leave or arrive. I find that so weird. I'm gone a lot but I'm also here a lot. When I'm home, I'm here. I don't leave the house much. You would think I would see the moving trucks but I haven't.

The little family across the hall with the Australian shepard dog has been replaced by a Hispanic one. I haven't figured them out at all. And someone new is next door, but I don't have a clue who they are. I saw a couple of kids bikes outside the door the other day, so obviously they have a kid.

The Oriental couple downstairs had a baby. That was the same guy who got arrested a few months ago. I assume at this point it was a domestic dispute. The baby is cute as a button and they seem to have imported a relative to take care of him while the mom works somewhere. The caretaker looks like a mother or an aunt maybe. She wears pajamas all day long. I suppose it might be some kind of traditional outfit but it doesn't quite have enough ethnicity to the cut or the fabric and they look like regular pjs. She took the trash out the other wearing them.

There's also a new family on the first floor. Young couple with a new baby. I mean really young couple. They look like they're barely out of high school. Meanwhile, the mom on the third floor with the four older kids seems to have disappeared. I can't believe they moved out without my noticing. It took them three days to move in. They had lots of stuff.

But the truly bright note in the week is I saw my first hummingbird yesterday. I have this cheesy wind spinner thing on the hook that I got at the dollar store. A pretty big guy buzzed it for a moment. I guess it's time to hang the feeder again. It will be fun to have the little guys back.

And hey it just stopped raining and the sun came out. Maybe there will be a rainbow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home