Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Life is funny

But it's not a joke. I haven't posted in a few days because I feel so guilty about enjoying the insanely warm weather here while I'm reading about the ice and yuck my friends up north are enduring. I wish I could send you some of this sunshine and maybe you could send me some rain. The lakes are scary empty here. I've read we have something like 60 days worth of water left. Still, the locals don't seem to be panicked. I guess it has happened before.

I'm in my annual hibernation mode waiting for the solstice and I was going to go to bed hours ago, but I decided to try to figure out how to get to that fire tower so I did a quick google which led to a local blog and I spent hours going through the blogroll. There's a lot of bloggers around here. It only took me two and half years to find them. Cripes, have I really been here that long?

I also discovered there are 210 known firetowers in NC and I have a local forest ranger. I love the internets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home