Friday, November 30, 2007

View from the deck


This was from about a week or two ago. The clouds do that a lot here, mass right outside the McCompound. Sometimes it feels like living on the top of glass mountain in a fairy tale.

It's been an odd week, much of which I can't really talk about. I can tell you I lost a friend this week. Peta Morey died at the ripe old age of 87. I haven't seen her for many years but she was a huge part of my life for over a decade. With the energy she had at 70, I was sure she was going to outlive me. I'm sad that she's gone.

I was going to post an old picture of my Sweet Williams in remembrance, she loved Sweet Williams, but I can't find it so I'm posting this shot of my Christmas cactus, that as you can see survived the transition to the indoors quite well.



Both of those plants started as single sprigs. One was given to me. One I picked up on the stairs of Thorne's Market years ago. Their abundance of blossoms reminds me of Peta's spirit. Rest in peace, Pete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home