Tuesday, June 26, 2007

In Memoriam

It's hard to believe it's already been a whole year since Rob Smith died. They say time heals all wounds but this one has been slow to mend for me. I still think of him often and miss him every day. He was really one of a kind.

I still haven't deleted his email address or even the bookmark to Acidman from my favorites, even though I don't go over there much anymore. I still can't bring myself to erase his small presence in my world. One that I had always hoped would grow bigger. I'd had often imagined that some day we would have become the best of friends.


I didn't know him then, but I wish I had. He loved music and was a fine musician.


And I didn't meet him when I had the chance. I didn't go to the blogmeets and I turned down his invitations to visit the Crackerbox, although I was softening on the idea and was making plans to do so when he died.

I have to work today so I don't have time to write a long heartfelt post, nor to check out the rest of the blogs that are likely to take notice, but if click on the Rumblers blogroll on the sidebar, I expect there will be some others marking the occassion. Bring your kleenex. I'm sure there will be some real tearjerkers in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home