Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ron Paul in the race for 08

We interrupt this blog for a moment of politics. Texas Republican Ron Paul has taken the first official step to enter into contention for the 08 presidential nomination. I have to admit I'm not well versed on his overall voting record but he's more of a Libertarian than a Republican and is considered something of a maverick among the party. He admits the bid is a long shot that will depend on grassroots support.

One thing for sure though, he has an exemplary record on drug policy reform issues and although I'm not generally a one issue voter, Ron Paul could easily convince me to cross over and support his candidacy. If he manages to get this thing rolling, I could vote for a Republican for a national office for the first time in my life. I'll certainly be keeping an eye open for future developments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home