Friday, September 15, 2006

Get Kinky in Texas Governor's mansion

I can't say I agree with every single thing he says, but I have to admit I love Kinky Friedman and if I lived in Texas, I'd vote for him for governor. He just endeared himself to me all the more with this plan.
Kinky Friedman says he favors legalizing marijuana to keep nonviolent users out of prison. If Texas elects him governor, he says, he'll try to get locked-up pot users released to make room for more violent criminals.

"I think that's long overdue," Friedman told The Associated Press in an interview Wednesday. "I think everybody knows what (U.S. Sen.) John McCain said is right: We've pretty well lost the war on drugs doing it the way we're doing it. Drugs are more available and cheaper than ever before. What we're doing is not working."
We need more of that kind of talk from our candidates, which reminds me, we do have another stellar candidate for governor in the South and she's the one I most want to see win. Loretta Nall is still in the running as a write-in candidate in Alabama. She's had a big impact on this race and could have a tremendous impact on drug policy reform when she gets into office. Not to mention all she already does and has done for reform.

If you live in Alabama, remember her name -- Loretta Nall -- on election day and everyone else please pass it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home