Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Jersey Boy

I just went on a six hour coffee date that ended with dinner. Funny, it didn't seem that long when it was happening. John has turned out to be a great conversationalist -- when I let him get a word in edgewise. Those of you who know and love me, will appreciate how difficult that can be when I get on a roll. I'm amazed he keeps coming back for more of my endless stories. But return he does.

He's an intrepid one for sure. He's even been reading my archives from the beginning. It's almost scary. Right now he knows more about me than I remember myself. And he reads the current stuff on all three of my blogs. And he still wants to hang out with me. Go figure. I can't deny it makes me a little nervous that this is going so well -- nothing good in my life has come easily -- but then again, what's not to like about a guy who reads your work -- and likes it?

In any event it feels fated somehow. We were meant to meet. It was all so serendipitous. The only reason I checked Craig's List is because of a post I read on another blog about how awful the personal ads are. I thought I was going to do a post about that too, but ended up answering John's ad instead. John posted the ad on a whim practically at the moment I was reading them. He just happened to move into this little town for no apparent reason... It's like the stars lined up to make this happen.

And it seems that Acidman, rest his soul, was right. This blogging thing really is a dating aid. John already knows so much about me, (and believe me when I tell you there's a lot of blogging while intoxicated in those archives), that I can't possibly hide my flaws. So it's like we skipped the whole awkward getting to know you part and moved right into easy companionship. It just feels comfortable to spend time with him.

Now I know my long time friends are thinking my judgment in men has been less than stellar over the years, and you're right, but this one really is a nice guy. I like him a lot and you know what's really funny? He's got great farookin hair. As good as Parkway Jim's. Must be a Jersey thing.

If I really manage to drag myself away from the computer early enough tomorrow morning to take a walk with him, I might take some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home