Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The collector

Some people collect stamps, some prefer to go for the more estoeric and collect empty heroin bags. Personally I've always found branding of illegal drugs fascinating. I don't know much about the powder drugs but I remember buying ounces of hash in the 60s that was packaged in muslin sacks with printed logos. As I recall my all time favorite was the Red Lady. That was some good hash. A thick reddish brick that resembled sandstone and crumbled up really easily.

So I can relate to Clayton Patterson's attraction to the smack bags and appreciate that he's preserving a little bit of history that might otherwise go unchronicled. I hope he manages to put together the book. Not that I would buy it necessarily, but I wouldn't mind having a look at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home