Friday, April 14, 2006

Don't get mad about gas prices -- get even

My sister sent this to me. It's seems like a rather effective plan of action for a consumer protest.
Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.
I'm in. Please pass it on.

UPDATE: I'm told that Snopes debunked this theory and it won't work. Too bad. I like the idea of dissing Mobil-Exxon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home