Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Shopping and other irritations

Well it's a gorgeous day in the south but I missed most of it. I was up until 3:00am trying to find this one particular toy on the internet so I slept in this morning. I have a baby birthday coming up and I had bookmarked what I thought was the perfect gift. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that it was unavailable at the time. So I figured I'd just find it somewhere else.

Well I'm here to tell you that you cannot find a Mega Bloks Neighborhood play set. The Mega Bloks company is willing to keep my info and email me if they find one anywhere in the world but I can't wait that long. I even tried Ebay, although I wasn't really willing to get a used one, sometimes that guy from England has overstocks that you can pay an arm and a leg for. I would have done it too, but no go. Worse yet, my alternate choices weren't available either. I don't know why they make you look at this stuff if they don't have it.

Meanwhile, the downside of sunny weather has begun to manifest. The insects are back and they mean business. Right now I have a bumblebee the size of a 747 stuck inside my screen porch. I don't how the heck they get in. The gap on the door isn't really big enough for them to get through, but whatever -- the bugger is flying around there, getting more pissed off by the minute that he can't get out. There's no spiders around yet to kill him so I don't know what I'm going to do about it. One thing for sure, I'm not going to be out there reading the paper this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home