Sunday, July 24, 2005

Gone swimmin'

Unexpected hiatus today. I went on a family outing to the beach. As usual the packing and unpacking took forever and we had to stop to get beach chairs, but it was a lovely afternoon on the water.

It was hotter than Hades though. God bless those hearty souls that can sit out on the sand in the blazing sun. We staked our claim on a piece of shade. The tyke had a grand time. Loves the water and I expect the little darling will be sleeping well tonight.

It's been hot here for so long, the lake, and it's miles long, was just short of bathwater. Just the way I like it. It's easy to jump in and felt refreshing enough when you get out into the breeze. I actually did some swimming. It felt good to exercise, I so rarely get away from the computer these days.

I expect I'll sleep as well as the little one tonight myself. Good thing because I'm back on duty at the crack of dawn tomorrow. Another rotation change coming up. It will be pretty much back to evening posting for the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home