Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Making change

Well I'm making progress at this end but I still won't have my own internet access for a few more days so posting will continue to be erratic until I get set up. However, my water is supposed to be turned on tomorrow morning and my furniture and other worldly goods arrived this evening so I'll be able to start living in my new little home soon. Spent an hour or so there with the movers today and I'm liking the feel of the place so far. I think I'll be happy there. Goddess knows the omens are good.

I have this thing about double numbers, for instance my lucky number is 11:11. Everything about this place has been in doubles like that. The address has two doubles and when I went shopping today for the basic supplies that I needed to replace, my total at both stores was exactly the same and my change both times was $5.55. It's all been a little spooky, but I like it.

Meanwhile, the drug war news is starting to build up in the inbox so I leave you tonight with this interview of Keith Stroup, outgoing executive director of NORML who shares his reminiscences about his experiences over the forty odd years since he started the organization. A fun read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home