Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Nuts and Bolts

It's a good thing the war on some drugs has been a little slow for the last week because I still don't have the time or the energy to deal with the news today. I'm making progress here however.

I managed to schedule most of the new utilities and closed out the old accounts in Noho. Unfortunately my internet connection will the last to be installed but I did get to the new house today and found the electricity on and I finally heard from the movers. My furniture should be arriving shortly.

I'm also happy to report the car appears to be feeling much better after a couple of days rest and didn't stall today. Maybe it was because we discovered and removed (okay I watched someone else do it) a squirrel's nest that was hidden in the middle of the engine. Well maybe it was more of a squirrel pantry, but call it what you will, there's this big square steel thing bolted down in the middle that sits over where the spark plugs are and packed into the space between the two was all this shredded up bits of paper and leaves and empty acorn shells. Goddess only knows how long it's been there but it was rather a miracle it didn't catch fire during the trip. I'm hoping this solves the problem but I have to admit however, I'm feeling badly about the poor hungry squirrel who is no doubt waiting around my old parking lot for me to come back with the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home