Monday, November 29, 2004

Jury Duty

I can't believe they called all four pools tomorrow. I didn't even mention it at the office until after 4:00 today because I was so sure I wouldn't even be called during the holidays. Not that I'll get seated. There isn't a DA in the county who would put me on a jury. I'm always pre-empted.

Most inconvenient timing all the same. It's a bad week for it and now I have to be at the courthouse at 8:00 am. I am not a morning person. It's going to be a long day.

Morning update: It's dark this early in the morning. I see from the comments that I left the wrong impression here so I want to clarify for Patrick that I would love to seated on a jury. I'm been trying to do it for eighteen years but I never get seated. I'm simply too well known as a defense team member. It's not fulfilling my civic duty that I object to, it's losing an hour and half of sleep on a really busy week at work for this exercise in futility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home