Monday, November 29, 2004

How can it be Monday already?

I'm watching Rob Kampia on CSPAN this morning. He of course he making perfect sense while the prohibitionist on the panel, whose name I didn't catch, is trotting out the same old infuriating misinformation. It makes you want to scream at the TV set...

I spent the weekend madly cleaning out drawers in preparation for the move. I'm determined to leave here light on worldly goods and I've already given away a lot. The fun part is finding stuff you forgot about. My best find so far was the photo of my Dad hand-feeding a chipmunk who had climbed onto his lap. Meanwhile, it's going to be a crazy week. Karen is off for her yearly jaunt to the Caribbean, (Anguilla this year), so I'm left to cover the office with only one secretary remaining on staff. It's bound to be ugly.

The big news in the War on Some Drugs today is of course, the SCOTUS review of Raich v. Ashcroft but since we've already covered that here and there's really nothing left to do but wait and see what happens, I leave you this morning with an interesting article on the drug of choice from a century ago, absinthe. It's making a comeback, especially among European youth.

I'd like to try that drink myself someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home