Friday, October 22, 2004

www.aeriallift.com
A little pick me up

There's a few things left I want to do before I die. I've never been in a helicopter for instance and I have a livelong dream of having a ride in the Goodyear blimp. For no apparent reason, going up in a cherry picker has also been on that list. Today I scratched that one off.

They're doing some work on my office building and they've had a very fancy aerial lift on the sidewalk all week. This morning, one of the guys took me in it; clear to up to the roofline on the third floor. It was very cool.

Now I've jumped out of airplanes, so the height wasn't that dramatic but the guy who took me up has a little crush on me so he was kind of nervous and he barely knew how to run the thing, so that did add a little excitement. For a minute I thought he might hit the powerlines. In any event, it was fun to see my piece of Main Street from that perspective. And what with the downtown trees blazing with colors, it was really quite a nice view. If I hadn't had to go to work myself, I might have stayed up there to help them paint.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any connections with Goodyear - well - I sure would love a ride in that blimp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home