Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Take me out to the ball game

Alright, I lied. I'm not going to catch up on the news tonight. It's the top of the fourth and the Red Sox just went ahead 4-0. I'm heading over to the place formerly known as the City Cafe for a couple of innings of whooping and hollering. I won't be blogging again tonight.

I leave you with this breaking news item on yet another cannabis related scandal in the sports world.

Alabama-Birmingham: Defensive line coach Pat Donohoe resigned Monday after being charged with possession of marijuana in the second degree, a Class A misdemeanor, the Birmingham News reported.

Donohoe denies the charge.

"Despite my actual innocence on the specific charge brought against me, I feel compelled to restore the honor and good name of the UAB football program, and the university itself, in the only way now possible," Donohoe said in his letter of resignation.
.

Another sports career unnecessarily ruined over a plant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home