Thursday, March 25, 2004

mtlaurel.com
Long Way Home

I try to make it a point to have fun, no matter what I'm doing and for the most part I succeed although I have to say some times are easier than others. Tonight was one of those much more enjoyable than expected times. I don't get many of them and I definitely had fun. I met a lot of really cool people I didn't know before and saw a lot of locals that I hadn't seen in all too long.

It's too big a story to tell at this hour. I haven't been out this late in months. I would have been home earlier but I stopped to give Ron the highlights on my way back. He knew I was going because I talked to him about it yesterday and he was waiting at City, now known as Tully O'Reilly's Pub, for the details.

It was a kind of ethereal night . I loved walking over and looking in the windows of lovely downtown Noho. It's been much too long since I have.

Downtown Sounds has a great display right now. I haven't been able to discern the ID on it, but it looks like that beautiful woman with the long hair's work, I think her name is Dolmanish. Faces also had a striking display. I thought the concept was interesting although somewhat uninspired. I was impressed with how they managed to hang all those red chairs invisibly though.

The defining moment of my walk -- for the first time in months -- past Faces, happened only mere yards away. I love kid's books and the graphics on the picture book in the window of Beyond Words caught my eye. I had to stop to read the title. . It was "Walter The Farting Dog." Honest.

Boy am I out of the loop. Last I remember it was Clifford, that big red dog that kids read about. Anyway, it was a big night and I'm off to bed. Details of the blogger meetup to follow tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home