Tuesday, March 23, 2004

musiclink4u.com
Strike Up the Band

It was great to talk to my Dad and my other mother although I'm always astonished to find out how old they are. It's not like I don't know, I just always envision my dad as being a young man and since I don't get to see them much, it's easy to maintain the image.

We had a thorny moment when we started discussing politics. My Dad and I are so alike in so many ways, but our politics could not be more different. Otherwise we had a lot to catch up on. He always says I love you honey, at the end of conversation now.

My father's a kind of macho guy, a man's man, and was never prone to show his emotions. I still remember the first time we said it out loud on the telephone. I was thirty years old. It was a big step in our relationship. To this day, hearing the words come so easily now, is like comfort food for the soul.

Meanwhile, the inbox is groaning with drug war news but I'm running so late this morning that I only time to post this link to this cute little site I ran across this week. This page of virtual instruments amused me for a while. Those of you with musical talent could probably even make some real music. For myself, I thought the balafon and the cimbalon were especially fun to play.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home