Sunday, March 21, 2004

ron.strutt
Lazy Sunday

I got up with the best of intentions but as usual, got lost in cyberspace. I spent the morning exploring the blogs hosting the Carnival of the Vanities in the next few weeks and then for balance, some unrelated left wing ones I've been meaning to read. I discovered two things. First, there's a lot of right wing bloggers who actually post intelligent and well reasoned commentary instead of harping on some inconsequential point. Second, fully half the of the population of the blogosphere appears to be 28 years old. A lot of smart kids out there.

Meanwhile, a week from tomorrow, Last One Speaks will have been posting for a year. It started as an open letter to my family, just an online diary where they could check on me. I had three daily readers. It evolved over the weeks into an open conversation with a goal to spread one meme - Cannabis consumers are not criminals. It's become a lifestyle choice. If I'm not blogging, I'm thinking about content.

On New Year's Day we had 2000 hits. Last Thursday we broke 10,000. Our focus has grown to include First Amendment issues, and the odd political commentary but this little milestone felt like a good time to reiterate the meme - cannabis consumers are good citizens who contribute to their communities and consumption of a plant with a 5000 year old history of beneficial use, should not be a criminal act.

And by the way, thanks for listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home