Monday, February 09, 2004

UM...ABOUT THAT INVITATION

Our New Jersey Weedman, Ed Forchion sends in a dispatch on his long contested Comcast pro-legalization ads. Ed spent five months in jail over these ads and Comcast has finally agreed to air them. I expect they had no choice now that he's a legitimate candidate for political office.

He was invited to appear as a guest on a Comcast CN8 program tonight, airing from 9:00 to 10:00 pm called "LEGALIZE MARIJUANA".

Dear Edward,

I am a producer on "It's Your Call with Lynn Doyle," which airs on CN8/The Comcast Network. I would like to invite you to appear as a guest on our show this Monday February 9th, from 9-10PM, on legalizing marijuana.

It's my understanding that Lynn Doyle has interviewed you before, and she would very much like to have you on with a panel of other guests to debate the issue.

Might you be available?

I'd be happy to tell you more about the show, and who the other guests are, if you are interested.

Thanks!

Lisa Zerbo
Senior Producer
"It's Your Call with Lynn Doyle"


Then he was disinvited.

Dear Ed,

Unfortunately, we will not be able to have you on as a guest on this topic afterall. Please accept my apologies, at the time that I wrote you, I was not aware that another producer had already fully booked the show.

I hope you'll join us in future and again, please accept my apologies.

Sincerely,
Lisa


Ed suspects it had more to do with someone higher up having recognized his name. Comcast was after all, responsible for his being imprisoned.

You can see the show live on-line here. You can give Lynn a call and ask her why Ed's not on the show at 1-877-268-5483. While you're at it ask her why Comcast took so long to air Ed's ads when they have given away 50 million dollars in airtime credit to Partnership for a Drug Free America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home