Sunday, February 08, 2004

FOUNTAINS OF WAYNE

Wow, that was bizarre but very cool. I just flipped through the TV and saw my friend Chris Collingwood with the rest of the band, being interviewed by Joan Rivers on the red carpet. Boy am I out of the loop. I didn't even know they were nominated for a Grammy. Guess I'll have to watch the award show now.

Gee whiz, it wasn't that long ago, I was hanging at the Baystate Hotel with him and his lovely wife Linda. He's a killer Scrabble player - I beat him once.... I was wondering why I hadn't seen them around town since last fall.

I'll be updating this post later.

I'm back - laundry is done and I've done a little investigating since I last posted. My home guys are nominated for two awards according to their official website. They didn't win in the first category, best pop something or other, but they're also up for best new artist and I wouldn't be surprised if they win it.

They seem to have made it big while I was distracted with my own concerns. A google search turns up 264,000 good hits (that's 80 pages worth), including the very slick band site, fan club sites and ebay has one of those little sponsor windows to sell their stuff. I wonder if I could make some cash selling my candid shots of Chris and Linda at the Baystate? Not to mention that I still have the "S" tile they dropped from their Scrabble set the last time we played.

We didn't socialize in the same circles, nonetheless we were close. It would take a long time to explain how we came to form an almost familial bond, but I celebrate their success tonight as if they were my own children.

Got my fingers crossed. I hope they win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home