Wednesday, January 14, 2004

BON VOYAGE

It's been subzero here all day and I'm low energy tonight from fighting the cold so I'm turning in early. Said goodbye to Roger, it was his last shift at City tonight before he embarks on his great adventure in Tahoe. I wish him well but I am sorry to see him go. They aren't many people who understand my political outrage and I have a feeling I may never see him again.

As a consolation however, I met Liam, newly arrived from London, who's in town for a few weeks visiting family. We had an interesting chat, he's a sculptor who does on site installations with found objects and we already have a friend in common. He's to be interviewed on John Allen's radio program on WRNX tomorrow. I look forward to running into him again before he leaves.

And I leave you tonight with this fun piece about an artist on LSD.

These 9 drawings were done by an artist under the influence of LSD -- part of a test conducted by the US government during it's dalliance with psychotomimetic drugs in the late 1950's. The artist was given a dose of LSD 25 and free access to an activity box full of crayons and pencils. His subject is the medico that jabbed him.

The drawings illustrated the progression of a trip quite well I thought from my own memories of dropping acid and those done while he was peaking, were definitely the best in terms of artistic expression. As someone said to me after seeing the series, you know - acid could explain Picasso.

Real drug news to come in the a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home