Monday, December 29, 2003

SMALL WORLD

I ended up attending two parties on Sunday. We old Noho neighbors were unexpectedly invited to a dinner party at the Rt 63 Roadhouse with Jamie's sister who had just arrived with her family from California. I rolled in with Mike and Irma just at sunset and we were hungry, a problem soon solved by their efficient kitchen. The good food and great company was enjoyed by all and we drove home under a crystal clear canopy of constellations all the way home.

I later continued on to the next event solo. I arrived to find many familiar faces in the always eclectic crowd on this guest list. It was fabulous to see Maki and Jamie (her husband) again. These two really know how to throw a party and are the most gracious hosts I know. As usual, the elaborate buffet was the center of congregation and I was delighted to catch up with friends I had not seen in all too long.

Everyone still looks the same to me, but it struck me how we're all getting older. The parties are less raucous as the years go by. We had some fine musicians in the house but although the music gets better, the sets get shorter with every party. Time was, they would have been rocking the joint all night long.... Not that I'm complaining. It was a great party.

* * * * *

On a different note, I have a confession to make. I'm still in the grips of insta-addiction to warblogs and I'm sure it's somehow Glenn's fault that I ended up on Setting the World to Rights this morning. The last thing I need to do is spend time posting comments in these places, but this post on Cuba and human rights violations set me off. Scroll down to see what I had to say. It appears I pretty much got the last word in this foray as well.

The sad part is I really wish they could convince me I'm the one that's wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home